OOW (Unlimited), STCW 95 Reg II/1
This experienced seafarer programme is a Maritime and Coastguard Agency
(MCA) leading to STCW II/1 Officers in charge of a Navigational Watch
(OOW) Unlimited UK CoC Certification.
This course is designed for experienced seafarers like Bosun and Able seafarer to join a ship as an officer of the watch.
- To be at least 18 years of age
- 36 months’ seagoing service in any acceptable deck capacity, Or 48 months if you have been working as a General Purpose (GP) rating
- “The qualifying Sea Service must include 6 months engaged in bridge watchkeeping duties.”
- Hold a valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate) or accepted equivalent. This medical fitness test can be done in your country by an approved doctor and is valid for 2 years.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all entry requirements for the course and the issue of a Notice of Eligibility (NoE) by the MCA are met prior to attending the course.
For sea time assessment you may log onto the MCA’s website www.mcga.org.uk.
The college operates with three intakes every year – September, January and May.
Your course will start with 20 weeks of SQA Advanced Certificate in Nautical Science classroom based studies followed by Advanced Certificate in Nautical Science exams, SQA
Exams and then short courses over a period of twelve months. The plan will take into consideration your VISA expiry date and any genuine special requests.
£7,500 including VAT. (If there is any change, college will inform you)
The following items are included in the course fee:
- SQA Advanced Certificate in Nautical Science
Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Registration Fee
- MCA/SQA Written Navigation & Stability Safety Papers Examination Fee – (1st attempt only)
- GMDSS General Operator’s Certificate (GOC) and Examination Fee (1st attempt only)
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
- Human Element Leadership and Management Operational Level (HELM O)
- Navigation Aids and Equipment Simulator Training at Operational Level (NAEST O)
- Signals exam
In addition to above courses, you need to complete the following STCW advanced courses before you can be issued with a UK OOW CoC
These courses are however not required for applying for a Notice of Eligibility (NoE) with the MCA, UK.
- Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF)
- Medical First Aid (MFA)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Craft (PSC&RB)
The MCA, UK approved STCW advanced courses (AFF+MFA+PSC&RB) are being done in Mumbai now. It is much cheaper to do the MCA UK courses in Mumbai rather than doing them in the UK.
The following two short courses have to be done in the UK as these are not accepted from India:
- NAEST (O) – also known as ROC ARPA in India
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
Both these courses and GMDSS course are included within this fee. Other colleges charge for GMDSS course.
- Submit Booking Form
- Scan and Send the following documents on the below email(s) address;
- Passport – 1st page and address page
- CDC – 1st page and sea service stamped pages
- 6 months watchkeeping signed by the Master
Whatsapp: +44 7869 695 833
Seats get filled up about 3 months in advance and are allotted on a first come first serve basis.
Contact on above no. if you are late in booking your seat.
The candidates will be contacted within 2/3 working days with the outcome and will be provided the more detailed information on NOE, Visa and English Language Test.